About this blog

This is the official blog of Phoenix Roleplaying, a multi-genre simming site, created in August 2010.

Run by the players, we hope to achieve great things.

Where our journey takes us, who knows.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Interview with Anna Maczarek, CO of Maczarek Security

Colonel Maczarek, before we begin I was wondering if you would like to share a bit of the history behind Maczarek Security, how it was founded and where it is going, and perhaps a little about yourself and how you got involved in the business?

Well… I founded Maczarek Security shortly after the end of the Unification War. I’d been a bit of celebrity there – something to be with being a good tank gunner and found myself being headhunted by the big security firms. I didn’t like any of them, so I decided to form my own. Right now, we’ve got about 800 regular employees and I hope to expand that number to over a thousand by mid-2520. We’re going bigger and wider, firming up our position in the Big Four, which I know that we only really got by default.
As for me, I’m 32 years old, married with a lovely daughter named Victoria. When I’m not on duty, I really like to play basketball and fence.

Mmhmm, and as you mention Maczarek Securities has been up against some tough competition. Maczarek Security has shown to be a promising business, as you noted being declared one of the "Big Four" - tell me how has the uphill battle with other larger companies such as Wallenstein helped shape Maczarek Security?

It’s made us better and made us go further. The other companies were all founded before the war. We’ve been seen, particularly in the industry press, as a bunch of pretty young kids trying to get into the sandbox.
I would certainly say that we’re invested a lot more in training and C4I as a result… sorry, I’m being overly technical, I mean our command and control systems as well as our intel networks, which I would say were among the best in the Big Four, if not the best.

And with superstars under your command such as Amy Duquesne I'm sure many would agree.

Turning to more recent events, you had an isolated incident in which a pilot crashed a cargo shuttle into a Skyplex. I've come to understand that this has caused quite an upset but some would argue it's not all bad press with how the case was handled. Would you like to shed some light on the course of action you have taken since the catastrophe?

Internal investigations are on-going and those responsible will face appropriate punishment. I cannot say any more as there is a legal case pending.

Of course.

So what about your plans for the future of Maczarek Security?

Get bigger, better and faster. Ultimately, the plan over the next four years is to be able to form a second battalion, then promote myself to Brigadier.

Sounds like a bright future.
Some people might be interested in knowing what you look for in new recruits, would you like to explain some of what you look for?
We’re looking for dedicated, loyal recruits who will perform to an excellent standard in a variety of demanding situations. We’d also like them to be able to shoot straight.

Are these the requirements also for your other hires including negotiators, pilots, and such?
Naturally. A wise man once said that war is the continuation of diplomacy by other means. (chuckles)
So how would a prospective employee go about applying for a job with Maczarek Security?
Simple, we have stalls at all good starports and some of the bad ones too.

Do you have any advice for people thinking about applying to Maczarek Security?
Yeah – we don’t take fat people.
(Chuckles) I appreciate your time and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...